Marketing and Communications Coordinator, Gallic Books
Independent publisher of international fiction Gallic Books is looking for a talented Marketing and Communications Coordinator to join our team in Belgravia on a part-time basis (3-4 days a week).
Working with the Editor, you will be responsible for guiding our books into readers’ hands, building and executing imaginative marketing campaigns for Gallic Books titles and for our bookshop, Belgravia Books. As part of a small, friendly team, you will also support the publishing and bookshop staff and provide occasional cover on the shop floor.
- Planning and executing marketing campaigns for all titles and promoting the Gallic brand
- Leading digital marketing campaigns, including writing newsletters, creating and uploading website content and running competitions and ads on platforms such as Amazon and Goodreads
- Running the social media channels and building audiences
- Planning and running events and author visits
- Liaising with external PRs and carrying out press mailings
- Reaching out to bloggers and adding to the blogger database
- Administering prize entries and translation grant applications
- Liaising with external sales teams in the UK and US, providing sales materials such as AIs and catalogue copy as required and ensuring book metadata is updated
- Keeping in touch with bookshops, maintaining databases and handling mailings
- Overseeing the eBook publishing programme
- Working with the Bookshop Manager to plan marketing for the bookshop
- Providing occasional shop floor cover (approximately 2-3 hours per week, plus some holiday cover)
- Managing internal communications and providing general office and administrative support
Essential skills include:
- Industry experience
- Good awareness of Gallic Books titles and a passion for books
- An energetic and flexible approach, with excellent organizational skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a good eye for detail and flair for writing creative copy
- IT skills including web CMS, newsletter programmes, databases and design packages
- Awareness of SEO and keywords
- Proficiency in French is desirable but not essential
Gallic Books is a small independent publisher of quality fiction, including English translations of contemporary and classic French fiction, and outstanding writing from around the world. Our acclaimed list of authors includes Muriel Barbery, Antoine Laurain, Lucy Treloar and Edward Carey. Our offices are based in Ebury Street, near Victoria Station, adjoining our bookshop, Belgravia Books, which sells the titles we publish alongside a curated selection of fiction, non-fiction, children’s, gift and stationery products.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter, stating your current salary, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th March. Salary dependent on experience.